Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sick Call and TMC 7 Aug 20

So I went to sick call today for my toe. They took one look at it and sent me to Troop Medical Clinic 7 to get it treated. I got a syringe and a half of Lidocaine injected into 7 different locations in my toe. One of the single most painful experiences of my life. Then they cut out the nail and some extra leaving me missing about half the nail on my toe. Got a prescription for 800 mg. Ibuprofen for the pain and 3 day no PT profile, which means I'll probably miss Eagle Tour which may result in a restart but I hear the DS are gonna try and get it made up for those of us on profile, so I hope that works out.

Our platoon got shut out of the combatives competition today, winning only one match, but most of our best were in Dental getting work done, so we did our best.

Since I'm on profile I won't participate in morning PT, nor can I go for my level 1 combatives certification, but my unit can get me certified once I graduate, so not a big deal.

Got a new guy in the platoon, he was restarted due to pneumonia. Not sure of his name yet since I was gone all day, I'll let you know.

DS V says that next Friday we'll graduate Red Phase and move on to White Phase, which is when we get a lot of privileges (no phones though) and start shooting stuff.

You know you are in the Army when there are more vehicles on the sidewalk than the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment