Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Eagle Tower Aug. 22

No PT this morning, just straight to Eagle Tower. We were there until after lunch chow too, took all day and I was still on profile so I couldn't do anything.

Went to the PX after the tower and got haircuts, which means my head will be cool again.

Rumors have been circulating about a possible 4 hour pass next weekend to celebrate our transition to White Phase. I am doubtful but secretively hopeful.

Got another new guy yesterday. Roster number 458. He's an ex-marine who did two tours in Iraq. Nice guy.

Started putting our design on the back wall to mark our class, I'll try and get a picture sometime of the finished project, it will be awesome.

Not going to church tomorrow since I'm on a no marching profile, just gonna be as lazy as possible and clean my M4.

I have the 0400-0500 fireguard shift tonight, so I'll probably write more then.

Well, it's 0400 and I am on Fireguard. I also had this shift last night and it is usually the worst one because wake up is 0530, so you don't get to go back to sleep really. Luckily, wake up isn't until 0630 on Sunday, so I will get back to sleep.

At the PX today, I ran into some non-infantry friends from 30th AG, didn't get to talk at all, but they did see me and were able to confirm a rumor. Apparently it's true that non-infantry are treated worse than infantry. Our environment is "High speed, Low stress" (relatively speaking), because it allows us to learn better. There is still plenty of yelling and getting smoked, but the DS try for a more mentor-like approach usually.

Found out that we will be getting the new dress blues when we get our class A's which sucks because I wanted the greens, but oh well.

Can't think of more to write, so I'll this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment